Building on the successful experience in 2017, Lingnan University, Hong Kong and Oxford University, United Kingdom will co-host the International Postgraduate Summer School (IPSS) 2018. Participants joining the International Summer School will stay one week at Lingnan University, and a selective number of them will go to the University of Oxford for two-week stay in enhancing their learning experience. The Summer School provides a platform for scholars and research postgraduate students to present their major research findings, share research practices and reflect upon essential methodological issues. In collaboration with leading institutions in Asia and the UK, the IPSS 2018 provides the opportunity for students across different parts of the globe to establish their own research clusters with sharing interests and learning from world-renowned scholars to enrich their research experiences. The IPSS workshop brings together experienced researchers to discuss some critical issues on interdisciplinary studies which enrich participants’ horizons from traditionally discipline-based academic exploration.
- To exchange with international scholars from leading institutions in Hong Kong and the UK.
- To explore multiple research methods for conducting research through tailor-made workshops both in Lingnan University and the University of Oxford.
- To engage in intriguing sharing of research practices with finest academics and postgraduate students.
- To explore possibilities to develop research clusters for promoting research collaboration and international publication.
- To know more about Hong Kong and Oxford via fascinating site visits.
Lingnan University programme rundown Download >>
Oxford University programme rundown Download >>
- Hong Kong Session (One week): HK$5,000 (including tuition, accommodation, welcoming lunch, farewell lunch, field visit, and local insurance)
- United Kingdom Session (Two weeks): GBP2,440 (approximate HK$26,500, including tuition, accommodation, meals, study tour, activities and airport transfers. Air tickets and insurance in the UK are not included).