Moodle Mobile 1.9 now available!
Moodle Mobile app 1.9 was recently released in December 2014 on Google Play (for Android) and Apple iTunes (for iOS)! This is the official mobile app for Moodle developed by Moodle.org. Lingnan has enabled this feature as a pilot for academics and students for their ease of access to the lecture materials
What's New this Version
- New languages added: Bulgarian, Turkish and Chinese traditional
- Notifications: Forum notifications are more concise and include a link to open the discussion directly in the app.
- Grades: New "Show grades" button in the participants profile page to view that participant's grades (if you are allowed)
- General design: New main menu and back icons, courses menu section improved design.
- Forum design and usability: Discussions are now opened in a new page displaying all the posts expanded. Forum notifications open the discussion inside the app. Pressing the user name opens the user information page.
- Grades design and usability: Added missing icons, fixed background colours.
- Recent messages list design
Go to Google Play, Apple Store or Windows Phone Store, and install the app directly from your Mobile device, search for "Moodle Mobile" the author/owner must be "Moodle Pty Ltd"
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moodle-mobile/id633359593?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moodle.moodlemobile
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/moodlemobile/d0732b88-3c6d-4127-8f24-3fca2452a4dc
Site URL: https://lms.ln.edu.hk
Login: Lingnan Username and Password
If you connect to your Moodle site and update/create/delete anything, and then go to your mobile app, the content will not be displayed. You will have to wait a couple of minutes. The cache time for the app is currently 5 minutes.
You can refresh the contents of the Mobile app using the refresh button (top right in the left orange menu).
Moodle Mobile is still at a work-in-progress status.
- Course Summary/Label: Cannot display the full text.
- Quizzes/Assignments: We do not recommend attempting to submit assignments or quizzes with WiFi on a mobile device. Connections can time out and your assignment or quiz may not be successfully submitted.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF): These documents will load in the browser window. Tap the screen to see 2 other options in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Flash: Not supported on iPads because it lacks full support for touch screens.
- Video: Not all video formats will play on all mobile devices.
Although Moodle Mobile support Android, ITSC testing show various result using different mobile. The following table are for reference only.
*Teacher’s function only
|Functions||iOS - iPhone 5||Android - Samsung|
|Read doc file||OK||OK|
|Read pdf file||OK||OK|
|Read file within folder||OK||OK|
|Face to Face|
|Create Face-to-Face Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Create Group Choice Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Create Group Selection Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Create Blog Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Create Turnitin Assignment Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Read Turnitin Assignment||OK||OK|
|Check Turnitin Assignment Grade||OK||OK|
|Create Local Assignment Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Check Assignment Grade||OK||OK|
|Create Mahara Assignment*||Fail||Fail|
|Check Assignment Grade||OK||OK|
|Create Wiki activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Edit Wiki Page||OK||OK|
|Create Forum activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Reply Topic Discussion||OK||OK|
|Create Questionnaire activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Create Quiz Activity*||Fail||Fail|
|Read Moodle Page||OK||OK|
|Read embed URL||OK||OK|
Help and Support
For any help and support, please contact the ITSC hotline.