Career Advising Services
ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO) in Singapore is part of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. It is responsible for looking after the bilateral relations between Hong Kong and the ten countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). It has initiated the “ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students” to:
- Provide opportunities to university students of Hong Kong to take up summer internship in ASEAN member countries;
- Enable students to be exposed to the work of the relevant industry and operation of the concerned Host Organization, as well as the economic and socio-cultural environment of the host country in ASEAN; and
- Cultivate students as the ambassadors of Hong Kong in the host country in ASEAN, and vice versa upon return to Hong Kong, thereby enhancing mutual understanding and strengthening ties between Hong Kong and ASEAN
- To broaden students’ vision about the world of work outside Hong Kong as well as their understanding of the business operation and practices of the ASEAN countries
- To expose to the work and operation of the concerned host organization, as well as the economic and socio-cultural environment of the host country in ASEAN
- To enhance students’ language & communication skills, as well as problem solving ability
- To explore future job opportunities in the rapidly developing ASEAN countrie
- Honorarium / Subsidy
The host organization may offer optional honorarium on a case-by-case basis. No matter how, Lingnan University subsidize each Full-time UG student an air ticket and HK$1,000 per week (a maximum of HK$10,000 per student) to cover necessary expenses during the internship period.
- Programme fee
No programme fee is required
- Estimated cost
The cost of living in ASEAN countries varies greatly. The price is also subject to accommodation type (e.g. hostel or hotel), room type, period (seasonality) and availability. In general, the predicted accommodation cost ranges from HK$1,200 to HK$6,000 a month, and spending on food or transportation ranges from HK$1000 to HK$2500 a month. All students should have a relevant travel insurance. All costs to be borne by student. (including visa application fee, insurance, transportation)
- The list will be updated when there is new offer.
- SSC will liaise with host organizations according to students’ preference in sequence; however, confirmation of internship opportunity is subject to acceptance of host organization. Therefore, additional interview with host organization may be required.
Complete the Application Form and submit on or before 20 Jan 2017 (Fri).
- Attend the Selection Interview cum Briefing Session on 23 or 24 Jan 2017 as your preference.
- Interview Arrangement and Programme Updates will be notified through email, students should check email regularly.
Students who are having exchange overseas are also welcome to apply as long as SKYPE interview is possible.
CHEUNG Siu Ting, Mandy | BBA–FIN | Y3
HO Ka Ngai, John | BSS–SOCSP | Y2
INTAN Evelyn Elizabeth | BBA–ACCT | Y4
NG Ka Fu, Tommy | BBA–MKT | Y4
OW Jia Qi, Jaida | BBA | Y1
TAO Ming Yin, Tenniel | BA-TRAN | Y3