S-L Project Trainee
Service-Learning Project Trainee is a half-year work placement at OSL. Trainees will coordinate Service-Learning projects and administrative work in OSL, in such tasks as project management, event management, promotion, and research.
On-the-job training is offered to widen and enhance trainees’ skillsets in communication, organisation, problem-solving, and research. Trainees have the benefits of gaining work experience while applying their skills to address community needs.
Objectives of the Scheme
- Provide on-the-job training for project trainees on work skills and ethics.
- Serve as additional support to office staff and projects.
- Develop student leaders as high quality and close partners for long-term office development.
Role of Project Trainee
• Pair with and mentored by one OSL staff in assisting daily office work and designated project coordination (i.e. Service-Learning and Research Scheme, community projects, promotional activities, multi-media and publication design, research project, etc.)
• 3 sessions (AM / PM) per week
• 1-2 semester(s)
• 2 rounds per year
** Project Trainees with satisfactory working performance will be considered for contract renewal.
• Students who have participated in Service-Learning Research Scheme (SLRS) are preferred
• Students with specific desirable skills (such as writing, translation, research, photo-taking, video-making, etc.)
• Number of target students: 5-8 people per round