- Maintenance of General Ledgers.
- Prepare annual financial statements and published financial report.
- Co-ordinate annual statutory audit.
- Preparation of data collection return and ad-hoc reports to UGC.
- Maintain proper set of accounts for the University.
- Maintenance of asset database as well as stock keeping and stock taking.
Payroll & Staff Benefits
- Maintenance of the Payroll System.
- Payment of staff salaries and benefits.
- Preparation of Salaries Tax Returns.
- Operation of MPF scheme.
- Processing housing benefits, passage & baggage allowances.
- Monitoring medical and dental benefits.
- Review and implement improvements in the resource allocation mechanism, the budget system and internal records.
- Prepare multi-year financial plans.
- Preparing annual budgets and triennium estimates.
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports and the operation of Management Information System (MIS-Finance).
- Research Projects and Special Grants Administration.
- Evaluating, monitoring and overseeing the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the Integrated Administrative System (Banner Finance).
- Carry out review and provide solutions on improving the Integrated Administrative System (Banner Finance) and their related operating and internal control procedures.
- Provide staff training and support on Financial systems applications.
- Conducting internal system audits and implementing TQM.
- Procurement & Materials Management for the University
- Purchasing & Tendering
- Good Receipt
- e-Provisional Supplier System
- Fixed Assets & Store Control
- General Stores for Standard Stationery & Furnitures
- Printing Services
- Custom Clearance Service
- Insurance Management
- Advertising Arrangement
- Courier Express Services
- Souvenir Sales
- Petty Cash Holder of the University
- Cashier for University receipts
- Installation, Repair & Maintenance of Office Equipment
- Telephone Operator Service
- Leased Quarters Contract Management
Facilities Management - Auxiliary Services
- University Fleet Management
- Mailing Service
- Messenger Service
- Moving/Removal Services
- Tea & Coffee Service
- Visitors' Quarters Management
- Management of Hostels Summer Booking
- Venue Setting & Ceremonial Logistic Support
- Classroom & Function Venue Booking
- Chan Tak Tai Auditorium
Facilities Management - Operations & Maintenance
- Management of Security Service
- Management of Cleaning, Pest Control Service, and refuse disposal
- Management of Access and Traffic Control System
- Management of Key
- Repair Service for office furniture and fixture
- Repair and maintenance to Building Services and Builder's works
- Condition of Road Usage and Parking
- Carpark Charges
- Management of Sports Complex
- Planned Maintenance Master Programme of Main Campus and Student Hostels
- Emergency Procedures in the event of Fire, Gas Leakage & Injuries
- Environmental Sustainability
- Building Development
- Co-ordination of capital and AA & I projects
- Management of minor improvement projects
- Provide technical consultancy service on E & M and builder's work
- Provide technical specifications for projects
- Co-ordinate with Government and other relevant authorities on building works related matters
- Space Planning
- Administer the computerized facilities management system
- Maintain and update full set of building drawings of the University on CAD
- Assist in the carrying out of the bi-annual Space Utilization Survey
- Health and Safety Manual
- Set up and monitor the implementation of health and safety system
- Provide health and safety advice based on latest legislation and good practices
- Promote the awareness of health and safety matters
- Organize health and safety training for staff
- Monitor the performance of contractors and ensure that their work in the University complied with the health and safety legislation
- Environmental Assessment
- Environment Report
- Energy Savings Audit
- Sustainability on Campus
- Environmental Policy
Collection of Students' Union Membership Fees
Lingnan University Students' Union Membership Fees include an entry fee and an annual fee, which apply to all its members. All full-time Postgraduate and Bachelor's Degree and Associate Degree students are eligible for membership. Lingnan University Students' Union (SU) is an independently registered organization which enjoys its own management autonomy and it is not part of the University structure. The collection of SU's membership fee by the University is a service provided by the University.
All enquiries on SU membership, including payment of fees or procedures for withdrawal and refund, should be directed to SU by phone at 2454 1111 or email : stuact@LN.edu.hk or in person to its office (2/F, Lau Lee Yuen Haan Amenities Building / Office Hours: 11:30am - 5:30pm from Monday to Friday).