S-L Teaching Assistant
Service-Learning Teaching Assistant (TA) Programme offers students a one-year work placement opportunity directly working with faculty members and Service-Learning coordinators. These Teaching Assistants are expected to support students’ learning and project coordination in a Service-Learning course by:
- conducting training and reflection activities;
- arranging meetings to facilitate stakeholders’ communication throughout the semester;
- supervising students from preparation to execution;
- liaise with community partners and course instructors on project coordination; and
- promulgate a Service-Learning atmosphere on campus.
In time, a TA might have his role expanded and become a Senior TA, shouldering more advanced coordination role and/or train-the-trainer duties. To support such growth, we will provide intensive on-the-job training on project management and a wide range of skillsets—facilitation, liaison, analysis, and soft skills.