Staff Training Opportunities
We are pleased to introduce the "eLearning Platform" for staff members to learn about some important Hong Kong Ordinances, such as the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The recent Audit Report on Privacy and Data Protection Review has recommended the University to enhance staff members' awareness on the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In this connection, the University has decided that all full-time staff on regular appointments are required to complete the online training module on Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance biennially.
You may access the eLearning Platform by clicking here or through myLingnan Portal as indicated below.
Please go through the training materials of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (in Chinese or English) and complete the course-end assessment (with 10 multiple choice questions) within two months (i.e. by end of June 2019).
Online Course Provided by PDPC
A free online training course provided by PDPC can be assessed here.
Workshops on Data Protection and Privacy
To better prepare Lingnan’s Data Protection Officers (DPO), Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (PDPC) of Hong Kong SAR Government offers a series of Professional Workshops that are designed specifically for DPOs. These are quarterly workshops composed of:
- Data Protection in Human Resource Management,
- Data Protection and Data Access Request,
- Privacy Management Programme, and
- Practical Workshop on Data Protection Law.
Workshop for Data Protection Officers and Unit Heads
Chief DPO would like to announce that PDPC is going to hold a tailor-made training workshop in English for all DPOs and heads/directors. We would like to invite you all to join this workshop and get the most out of the training. May we please ask you to pen down ALL your availability (the more, the merrier) so that we can select one most popular date/time for the training? We will close the poll by 6th, April. A link for recording your availability: https://doodle.com/poll/8h96hapimih5u9gy
Doodle is the simplest way to schedule meetings with clients, colleagues, or friends. Find the best time for one-to-ones and team meetings with our user-friendly calendar tool. Get started today!
This workshop will be offered by PwC, in which we aim to give you all 3 main topics:
- An overview of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Six data protection principles
- Essential elements in constructing PICS
- Privacy Management Programme
- What is it
- Baseline fundamentals of a PMP
- Organisational commitment
- Roles and responsibilities of DPOs
- Programme controls
- Ongoing assessment and revision
- Data Access and Correction Request Management
- Data Protection in Human Resource Management
- General Requirement of the Code of Practice
- Practical guidance on recruitment-related practices
- Practical guidance on current and former employees' matters
Should you have any questions, please contact Tai (26168077)